Sunday, August 23, 2009

Parable

A week and a half ago we moved in. What a wonderful house and yard! Nice neighbors, too. It's soooo good to see the big sky and the way it is always changing, deer and turkeys in the yard, farm fields all around, and of course the skunks and raccoons competing for road space.

But, oh! How I miss little Brynnie! Her quiet little steps up the stairs to deliver paperwork and her pleased giggles when she scares me...or keeping me company working in her office corner, coloring, cutting, and drawing and using miles of scotch tape to decorate my office walls with her amazing budding-artist masterpieces. I miss earnest young Noah sharing the deep workings of his tremendous analytical mind, seeing beyond what is, to the why... I miss the cuddle times with both of them and feeling so much a part of their young lives - part of who they are becoming..tying the past and the present with the future. Can a heart really break??

I miss the others, too, more than I thought I would...I love being Gramma Linda and can't wait to see them at Christmas. While we didn't get together as often, we knew they were there just as they knew we were there - family and those wonderful, house-bursting holidays!

I think I am done with change - it's too hard, too sad, too much work. I want to stay put and be home base, calling the kids home - to stay, or at least to visit hoping to draw them nearer as they and we get older...

No comments:

Post a Comment